Saturday, March 30, 2013

Les Mis Fever!

For my first official shuffle post I'd like to share my Les Miserables outfit.



Now, keep in mind that I've been putting together outfits for a few months, so some of the outfits posted will be in non-sequential order. (And some of the pics aren't so great.) 


Vive la Revolution!! Les Miserables outfit.

I put this together around the time Les Miserables was in movie theaters. "Say Kelcie, why do you have a Les Mis t-shirt?" 

Delighted you asked! A few years ago I was in a production of Les Miserables! I played Fantine, and the show has a very special place in my heart. I just can't stop loving/singing it! I'm also a purist when it comes to the movie vs. the play versions of Les Mis. I personally favor the stage version more because that's my field, everyone is entitled to their opinion. (But seriously....go see it in London. Seeing it live will change your life guaranteed!)

The hat was inspired by Eponine's page boy hat. I have a chain key necklace on which was derived from Cosette's and Marius' "chain that will never break" lyric in their love duet "A Heart Full of Love". A red camisole to show my support of the revolution, and to signify that I really do "Hear the People Sing". Plus barricade battle boots ground me in my place. 



"I Dreamed A Dream". How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment